A common challenge when working with JD Edwards Work Orders, Purchase Orders, and Sales Orders is using a standard, very-basic Item Search application to find the item you need.
Common struggles include case sensitivity of the search terms, the need to search for multiple descriptors at the same time, and limitations on the Item description imposed by the two 30-character description fields native to the software.
Introducing the AMS Enhanced Item Search utility for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne!
Features of the Enhanced Item Search
• Mixed case descriptions are no longer a problem
• Not only can Enhanced Item Search query multiple search terms at a time, but it can even use multiple wildcards in the searching parameters
• Extended descriptions allow for over 3000 characters, eliminating your struggles with abbreviate words and leaving out key attributes due to space limitations
• Searching by OEM, Supplier or legacy part numbers is equally easy
Other key features of the Enhanced Item Search utility include:
• the ability to default in the Branch Plant or Warehouse based on the user or the transaction being processed so that the search only applies to Items that would be in that users’ warehouse
• The ability to see Item availability of the items in the warehouse, and to suppress items that are not available so they are not selected for the order
• And the ability to see where any item is used on a Manufacturing or Maintenance Bill of Material, or on a Maintenance Equipment Parts List
With the AMS Enhanced Item Search utility, your maintenance, warehouse, and supply chain users can have a “Google-like” search utility that allows you to find your items in seconds!
Trackbacks for this post